Dr. Lin’s primary research interest is developing novel statistical methods for genetic studies, especially interactions of single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP). She proposed several novel statistical methods and software for analyzing SNP-SNP and SNP-environment interactions associated with complex diseases. Among Dr. Lin’s 170 peer-review publications, many of her papers are related to cancers and genetic association studies. For her grants as a principal investigator (PI), she is a PI for a Department of Defense (DoD) grant and completed an NIH R21 grant for evaluating biomarkers related to prostate cancer aggressiveness. Dr. Lin has participated in several genetic association studies and genome-wide association (GWA) studies and has actively participated in projects in the Prostate Cancer Association Group to Investigate Cancer Associated Alterations in the Genome (PRACTICAL)Consortium. In addition, she is also interested in oxidative stress markers associated with HPV and cancers.
Furthermore, Dr. Lin has substantial statistical consultation experience with health professionals across multiple disciplines, including health behavior, epidemiology studies, and clinical trials. In addition, she has profound experience with cancer-related studies. Before joining LSUHSC, she worked at two NCI-designated comprehensive cancer centers: Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute and Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB).
2001-2004 Ph.D. Biostatistics, Tulane University, NewOrleans, LA
1999-2001 M.S. Biostatistics, University of Michigan atAnn Arbor, Ann Arbor, MI
1994-1996 M.S. Health Behavior, National TaiwanUniversity, Taipei, Taiwan
1990-1994 B.PH Public Health, National Taiwan University,Taipei, Taiwan
ORCID identifier: 0000-0002-3307-5549
1. Lin HY, Fu Q, Tseng TS,Zhu X, Reiss K, Su J, Hagensee ME. Impact of Dietary Quality on GenitalOncogenic HPV Infection in Women. JID, 2023. In press
2. Lin HY, Steck SE, Sarkar I, Fontham ETH,Diekman A, Rogers LJ, Ratliff CT, Bensen JT, Mohler JL, Su LJ. Interactions ofSNPs in Folate Metabolism Related Genes on Prostate Cancer Aggressiveness inEuropean Americans and African Americans. Cancers (Basel). 2023;15(6). PubMedPMID: 36980585; PMCID: PMC10046243.
3. Lin HY, Huang PY, Cheng CH, Tung HY, Fang Z,Berglund AE, Chen A, French-Kwawu J, Harris D, Pow-Sang J, Yamoah K, ClevelandJL, Awasthi S, Rounbehler RJ, Gerke T, Dhillon J, Eeles R, Kote-Jarai Z, MuirK, collaborators U, Schleutker J, Pashayan N, Apcb, Neal DE, Nielsen SF,Nordestgaard BG, Gronberg H, Wiklund F, Giles GG, Haiman CA, Travis RC,Stanford JL, Kibel AS, Cybulski C, Khaw KT, Maier C, Thibodeau SN, Teixeira MR,Cannon-Albright L, Brenner H, Kaneva R, Pandha H, consortium P, Srinivasan S,Clements J, Batra J, Park JY. KLK3SNP-SNP interactions for prediction of prostate cancer aggressiveness. SciRep. 2021;11(1):9264. PubMed PMID: 33927218; PMCID: PMC8084951.
4. Lin HY, Fu Q, Kao YH, Tseng TS, Reiss K,Cameron JE, Ronis MJ, Su J, Nair N, Chang HM, Hagensee ME. Antioxidants Associated with Oncogenic HPV Infection in women. JInfect Dis. 2021. PubMed PMID: 33735375.
5. Lin HY,Huang PY, Tseng TS, Park JY. SNPxE: SNP-environment interaction patternidentifier. BMC Bioinformatics. 2021;22(1):425. PubMed PMID: 34493206; PMCID:PMC8425112.
6. Lin HY, Chen DT, Huang PY, Liu YH, Ochoa A,Zabaleta J, Mercante DE, Fang Z, Sellers TA, Pow-Sang JM, Cheng CH, Eeles R,Easton D, Kote-Jarai Z, Amin Al Olama A, Benlloch S, Muir K, Giles GG, WiklundF, Gronberg H, Haiman CA, Schleutker J, Nordestgaard BG, Travis RC, Hamdy F,Pashayan N, Khaw KT, Stanford JL, Blot WJ, Thibodeau SN, Maier C, Kibel AS,Cybulski C, Cannon-Albright L, Brenner H, Kaneva R, Batra J, Teixeira MR,Pandha H, Lu YJ, Consortium P, Park JY. SNPinteraction pattern identifier (SIPI): an intensive search for SNP-SNPinteraction patterns. Bioinformatics. 2017;33(6):822-33. PubMed PMID:28039167.
7. LinHY, Huang PY, ChenDT, Tung HY, Sellers TA, Pow-Sang J, Eeles R, Easton D, Kote-Jarai Z, Amin AlOlama A, Benlloch S, Muir K, Giles GG, Wiklund F, Gronberg H, Haiman CA,Schleutker J, Nordestgaard BG, Travis RC, Hamdy F, Neal DE, Pashayan N, KhawKT, Stanford JL, Blot WJ, Thibodeau SN, Maier C, Kibel AS, Cybulski C,Cannon-Albright L, Brenner H, Kaneva R, Batra J, Teixeira MR, Pandha H, Lu YJ,consortium P, Park JY. AA9int: SNPInteraction Pattern Search Using Non-Hierarchical Additive Model Set.Bioinformatics. 2018. PubMed PMID: 29878078.
Topics/Keywords: Biostatistics, genetic variants, gene-gene interaction, gene-environment interactions, cancers, prostate cancer, oxidative stress, antioxidant, big data analyses
Link to lab website: https://sph.lsuhsc.edu/people/faculty/faculty-list/lin-hui-yi/