This policy applies solely to the direct use of www.louisianacancercenter.org.
The primary function of this website is to provide the citizens, partners and local government entities of Louisiana with information and direct links to the public services offered by the agencies and offices within state government.
As you navigate www.louisianacancercenter.org you will see links that, when clicked, take you directly to resources or websites hosted outside of the www.louisianacancercenter.org website. These resources or websites will have their own individual privacy policies. Some of these policies will be similar to the www.louisianacancercenter.org policies, while others will be specifically tailored to the interactions available through that website. While the large majority of the links hosted by www.louisianacancercenter.org directly connect you to other state, federal, or local government resources or websites, some links directly connect to websites or resources being provided by third parties, such as social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Even though data privacy and information security are critical priorities for Louisiana Cancer Research Center, we still strongly recommend you read the site policies for each site you visit.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to use services that require submission of personal information and should not submit any personal information to www.louisianacancercenter.org. If you are a child under the age of 13, you can use these services only if used together with your parents or guardians. Seek guidance from your parents or guardians if you are under the age of 13.
- Google Analytics
- How and when you linked to www.louisianacancercenter.org, searches you initiated, things you clicked on.
- Your IP address, the type of browser and operating system you used, and the pages you requested and visited.
- When you visit or interact with www.louisianacancercenter.org, we or our authorized service providers use persistent cookies solely to provide you with a better, faster and safer experience.
- Security Monitoring
- All Louisiana Cancer Research Center’s systems employ various security mechanisms for monitoring and protecting our systems from attempted or actual improper use or intrusion. By using www.louisianacancercenter.org you accept the use of such security monitoring and Louisiana Cancer Research Center reserves the right to use any legally appropriate measures to prevent and investigate any individual attempting to modify, deface, delete, abuse or otherwise inappropriately use www.louisianacancercenter.org.
- Except for authorized security event response and law enforcement investigations, no attempt is made to discover the identity of individual users.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide:
- Location-Based (geo-location) Information
- www.louisianacancercenter.org does not attempt to directly gain access to your location-based information from your mobile phone, tablet, laptop computer or web browser.
- Contact Email
- When emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, you should only supply the minimum amount of information required to provide a description of the purpose of your message and enough contact information to be reached.
- Online Forms
Use of Information
How your information will be used:
We automatically collect information to improve the content of our web services and help understand how our services are being used. This information does not identify you personally and is used for gathering web site statistics. The information we automatically collect and store in our logs about your visit helps us analyze our website to continually improve the value of the materials available. Our website logs do not identify a visitor by personal information, and we make no attempt to link other websites with the individuals who browse our web site.
The information you voluntarily submit will be disclosed only to Louisiana Cancer Research Center employees or officials, or those under contract with Louisiana Cancer Research Center, on a “need-to-know basis” for purposes of fulfilling their job responsibilities. The information will be used for such purposes as answering your questions; responding to any requests for assistance; generating summary statistics about usage; auditing applications and detecting fraud; aiding in the planning, design and development of www.louisianacancercenter.org; and fulfilling any legal obligations.
How your information will not be used:
No information collected through www.louisianacancercenter.org will be used for financial gain, or for any other advertising or marketing purposes. The state will not sell, lease or distribute any information to any third party unless requires by state or federal law.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers to signal their preference regarding potential "tracking" by third party websites. While the United States Federal Trade Commission has endorsed DNT, this site does not currently support DNT codes. However, except as otherwise disclosed herein, this site limits tracking to the internal uses described above. This site does not track your use across multiple websites; however, other websites to which we link may track your use. Please review privacy policies when you visit other websites to understand how you may be tracked.
This site and systems used to support this site comply with Louisiana’s Information Security Policy.
Updates and Changes