Development of novel pharmaceutical formulations for the enhanced delivery of small drug molecules.
We arecurrently working on developing novel pharmaceutical formulations to enhancethe delivery of fenretinide, a drug used for the treatment of neuroblastoma inchildren. The project involves developing and in vitro and in vivotesting of the novel formulations.
B.Sc. Degree in Pharmacy andPharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt.
M.S. in Pharmaceutics,University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt.
Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics andPharmaceutical Chemistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
ORCID identifier: 0000-0001-8768-7017
· T. K. Mandal, L. A. Bostanian, R.A. Graves, S. R. Chapman and I. Womack, “Development of Biodegradable Microcapsules as carrier for Oral Controlled Delivery of Amifostine”, Drug. Dev. Ind. Pharm., 28(3), 339-344, 2002.
· R. A. Graves, S. Pamujula, Moiseyev, T. Freeman, L. A. Bostanian, and T. K. Mandal, “Effect of different ratios of high and low molecular weight PLGA blend on the characteristics ofpentamidine microcapsules”, International Journal of Pharmaceutics; 270(1-2);251-262, 2004.
· S. Pamujula, R. A Graves, R.Moiseyev, L. A. Bostanian, V. Kishore, and T. K. Mandal, “Preparation ofpolylactide-co-glycolide and chitosan hybrid microcapsules of amifostine using coaxial ultrasonic atomizer with solvent evaporation”, Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 60(3), 283 – 289, 2008.
· S. Pamujula, R. A. Graves, T.Freeman, V. Srinivasan, L. A. Bostanian,V. Kishore, and T. K. Mandal, “Oral Delivery of Spray Dried PLGA/AmifostineNanoparticles”, Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology; 56, 1119-1125, 2004.
· G. A. Ledet, R. A. Graves, E. Y. Glotser, T.K. Mandal, and L. A. Bostanian,“Preparation and In Vitro Evaluation of Hydrophilic Fenretinide Nanoparticles”.Int. J. Pharm. 479 (2): 329-337, 2015.
· R. A. Graves, G. A. Ledet, E. Y. Glotser, L. A. Bostanian, and T. K. Mandal, “Formulation and Evaluation of Biodegradable Nanoparticles for the oral delivery of Fenretinide”. Eur. J. Pharm. Sci. 76: 1-9, 2015.
Topics (Keywords/Tags): Nanoparticles, fenretinide, delivery, microcapsules