The Louisiana Cancer Research Center is seeking applicants for the following position:
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Lead Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance/repairs on LCRC equipment and property structures; coordinating grounds maintenance; and will support the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs. The general role of the Lead Maintenance Technician (incumbent) is to keep LCRC’s property and equipment in good operating, safe, and appealing working conditions for all staff, tenants and visitors. In doing so, the incumbent will work incoordination with other members of LCRC’s team, including but not limited to; facilities personnel, and EHS and Security staff or contractors. Incumbent must succeed in the performance of a wide variety of miscellaneous tasks in the maintenance and repair of the building, grounds, and equipment. The incumbent will act as the lead technician who may coordinate and/or oversee specific projects. The incumbent may also provide training and guidance for entry level maintenance workers.
· Acts as Lead Person in preserving the functionality and excellent condition of the LCRC property; including building, grounds, and equipment.
· Performs assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
· Performs daily rounds at the beginning of each shift of all interior and exterior spaces and participates in addressing all housekeeping and maintenance issues to ensure safety and cleanliness.
· Inspect buildings, electrical systems, grounds, and equipment to ensure safe, well-maintained conditions, identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment(s) or repair(s); reports defects and malfunctions to the Facilities Manager.
· Performs minor electrical troubleshooting and repairs (wall switches and outlets, light bulbs and tubes, ballasts, sockets, fuses, etc.)using appropriate tools.
· Identifies and performs basic plumbing repairs (leaks in drains and faucets and unclog drains, etc.).
· Performs a variety of locksmith duties such as adjust, repair or replace locks on doors.
· Assists with preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of HVAC system; changes filters and belts and cleans coils and drain pans.
· Assists in the inspection, testing and/or limited maintenance of various life safety equipment.
· Works with Facilities Manager to determine if maintenance or repairs require the attention of an outside vendor and/or contractor.
· Prepares and paints various building areas (e.g. walls, doors, stairwells, etc.) to preserve interior finishes and prevent the corrosion of metal parts.
· Assists the Facilities Manager in identifying, documenting, and tracking progress of issues affecting the facilities that should be reported to the LCRC executive team.
· Assists with the management and oversight of the work order system; enter and/or update work orders; completes assigned work orders in a timely fashion.
· Maintains inventory and records of maintenance tools, supplies, and equipment; may recommend maintenance tools, supplies, and/or equipment for purchase and may provide assistance with requisitions.
· Assists with managing facilities department files and recordkeeping.
· Performs fire extinguishing equipment and emergency shower inspections on a monthly basis, in coordination with the EHS Department.
· Trains to operate loading dock and provides coverage in the absence of the Shipping/Receiving Manager.
· Participates in reconfiguring and setting up conference areas to accommodate user needs, as described in meeting room agreements and/or per administrative requests. Performs additional duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
High school diploma or GED and three or more years’ experience in a similar or related role
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand and bend; use hands to manipulate; reach with hands and arms and to speak and listen. Occasionally this position may be required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The incumbent must be able to lift and/or move up to 50pounds.
The LCRC building is a secure medical research facility. The facilities department supports and provides essential services, while maintaining caution and safety when working in or near labs and other sensitive areas.
While performing the duty of this job, the incumbent is occasionally exposed to wet and /or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; chemicals; outside weather conditions and the risk of electrical shock. Safety equipment and procedures are provided as necessary. Proper protective equipment must be worn as needed while performing job duties.
The incumbent should be available to work flexible and/or additional hours, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, managers and subordinates.
· Ability to interact and communicate in a tactful and courteous manner with a variety of people, including co-workers, tenants, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
· Ability to manage interpersonal conflicts with diplomacy, compromise and discretion;
· Ability to verbalize understanding of a problem or situation, asks relevant questions for clarification, and effectively communicates information to others.
· Ability to follow instructions or work orders; regulations, or procedures; complete routine job forms and incident reports; and/or communicate routine information regarding daily activities.
· Ability to use computers for emails, data entry, work orders, and other; or a willingness to be trained in these areas.
· Ability to handle, use, or repair maintenance tools hand-held power equipment, tools and/or light machinery.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.