Position Title: General Maintenance Worker
Reports to: Facilities Manager
FLSA Status: Part-time; Non-Exempt
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager and the under the general guidance of the Lead Maintenance Technician, the General Maintenance Worker will perform semi-skilled work which may include duties of more than ordinary difficulty. The General Maintenance Worker will be responsible for performing selected janitorial duties and general maintenance/repairs of LCRC equipment and property structures. All work will be done in compliance with all federal and state rules and regulations.
· Performs daily inspection of interior and exterior spaces of the LCRC facility at the beginning of each shift; notes and reports defects and other issues.
· Corrects various janitorial and maintenance issues as discovered or assigned.
· Cleans and assists with the overall upkeep of the facility and grounds: some examples of work include but are not limited to trash/debris removal from interior and/or exterior spaces, watering of garden beds, cleaning spills and restocking restrooms.
· Assists in performing general repairs and preventive maintenance that do not require a specialized technician, such as repairing drywall, painting, repairing doors and other building fixtures; replacing air conditioning filters
· Washes interior and exterior windows where accessible.
· Assists with the setup of meeting facilities for scientific meetings, conferences, and other events.
· Enters work orders into the work order system.
· Delivers items such as fobs and keys to users and collects paperwork.
· Files documents and forms.
· Assists with inventory control of janitorial and/or maintenance supplies
· May provide coverage of the loading dock in the absence of the Shipping/Receiving Manager.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
· Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Some related experience or training preferred.
· On-the-job training available
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand and bend; use hands to manipulate; reach with hands and arms and to speak and listen. Occasionally this position may be required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The incumbent must be able to lift and/or move up to 50pounds.
The LCRC building is a secure medical research facility. The facilities department supports and provides essential services, while maintaining caution and safety when working in or near research labs and other sensitive areas.
While performing the duty of this job, the incumbent is occasionally exposed to wet and /or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; chemicals; outside weather conditions and the risk of electrical shock. Safety equipment and procedures are provided as necessary. Proper protective equipment must be worn as needed while performing job duties.
The incumbent must be available to work flexible and/or additional hours.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, managers and subordinates.
· Ability to interact and communicate in a tactful and courteous manner with a variety of people, including co-workers, tenants, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
· Ability to verbalize understanding of a problem or situation, asks relevant questions for clarification, and effectively communicates information to others.
· Ability to follow instructions or work orders; regulations, or procedures; complete routine job forms and/or receive and communicate routine information regarding daily activities.
· Ability to use computers for emails, data entry, work orders, and other; or a willingness to be trained in these areas.
· Ability to handle, use, or repair maintenance tools hand-held power equipment, tools and/or light machinery or a willingness to be trained to use the equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DO NOT apply via page links. Resume' with Cover Letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org