The Louisiana Cancer Research Center is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Facilities Manager.
Send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Facility Manager
Reports To: Chief Administrative Officer
FLSA Status: Full-time; Exempt
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Facility Manager is responsible for the operations and maintenance of the Louisiana Cancer Research Center’s(“LCRC”) building, equipment and grounds (“facility”). The Facility Manager will use best business practices to manage resources, services, and processes to assure the safe, efficient and effective functioning of the facility. The Facility Manager will provide training and guidance to, and oversight of the LCRC facility teams. The Facility Manager will also work in coordination with LCRC’s Environmental Health and Safety Department, and Security Services in order to ensure a safe and secure facility environment. This position requires a team-oriented attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and organizational aptitude.
· Develops, revises and/or implements a facility management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements.
· Partners with the LCRC Administrators to develop and implement long-term goals and strategies related to the upkeep, safety, and maintenance of the LCRC building, including creation of a major maintenance and capital equipment replacement plan as needed.
· Manages all projects both scheduled and unscheduled, including shutdowns of building systems (steam, chilled water, electrical, domestic water, and computer/software related systems.), replacement of building equipment, renovations and routine/preventative maintenance as required to assure the safe and continuous operations of the facility and equipment.
· Aids in maximizing the efficiency of critical building systems, resulting in cost savings.
· Sources and manages vendors and contract services for all facilities services, including holding vendors and service providers accountable for the delivery of high-quality products and results.
· Identifies and executes preventative maintenance measures through regular, thorough inspections of building and equipment.
· Collaborates with EHS and others to develop, maintain and execute emergency operations protocols and plans.
· Manages LCRC maintenance technicians, delegating duties, developing work plans, managing workflow, ensuring consistent training and identifying development opportunities.
· Maintains cohesion within the Maintenance Department and facilitates team building exercises to promote a positive work environment.
· Develops, implements, manages and/or maintains the facility work order and maintenance systems.
· Creates and maintains organized, detailed records of all relevant maintenance concerns and activities.
· Keeps facility safe by making sure all building code requirements are met.
· Promotes a positive team attitude with employees and the entire LCRC community.
· Works with LCRC’s finance team in the preparation and management of the annual facilities budget.
· Manages and/or participates in building security activities, including management of facility access and collaboration with Security Services.
· Issues a weekly, informal and/or written report of key issues and concerns to the Chief Administrative Officer.
· Participates in routine weekly facilities and ad hoc meetings with key members of administration.
· Oversees all facility related contracts and agreements, including performance.
· Manages and/or performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, facilities management or related field, plus at least two (2) years of related experience at a supervisory level
Substitution: In lieu of education requirement: Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience and responsibility in a facility maintenance field, three (3) of which were at the supervisory and/or management level.
A combination of education, experience and certifications will also be considered as qualifying. A minimum of five (5) combined years is required with a minimum of three (3) years at a supervisory or above level.
· experience working with high pressure and medium pressure steam systems
· experience managing within a hospital, medical research lab, and/or academic environment
· experience in leading and developing high-performing teams
· proficient in managing building automation system(BAS) technology
· experience creating and managing budgets effectively
· significant computerized maintenance management systems (CMMSs) knowledge
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
· Familiarity with OSHA regulations, environmental laws, and Federal, State and Local Laws with an understanding of how they impact plant operations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand and bend; use hands to manipulate; reach with hands and arms and to speak and listen. Occasionally this position may be required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The incumbent must be able to lift and/or move up to 50pounds.
The LCRC building is a secure medical research facility. The facilities department supports and provides essential services, while maintaining caution and safety when working in or near labs and other sensitive areas.
While performing the duty of this job, the incumbent is occasionally exposed to wet and /or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; chemicals; outside weather conditions and the risk of electrical shock. Safety equipment and procedures are provided as necessary. Proper protective equipment must be worn as needed while performing job duties.
The facility manager must be available to work flexible and/or additional hours, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, managers and subordinates.
· Ability to interact and communicate in a tactful and courteous manner with a variety of people, including co-workers, tenants, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
· Ability to manage interpersonal conflicts with diplomacy, compromise and discretion;
· Ability to verbalize understanding of a problem or situation, asks relevant questions for clarification, and effectively communicates information to others.
· Ability to follow instructions or work orders; regulations, or procedures; complete routine job forms and incident reports; and/or communicate routine information regarding daily activities.
· Ability to use computers for emails, data entry, work orders, and other; or a willingness to be trained in these areas.
· Ability to handle, use, or repair maintenance tools hand-held power equipment, tools and/or light machinery.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.