The mission of the Biostatistics Core is to provide biostatistical support to investigators in the planning, conducting and reporting of their research projects.
Biostatistics Core members can provide services in each of the following areas:
- Refining study objectives and identifying study endpoints
- Choosing the study design that will best accomplish the investigator’s
- Designing the statistical analyses that are appropriate for the study design
- Calculating the appropriate sample size
- Establishing methods of randomization and blinding when needed
- Preparing the statistical analysis section of a grant proposal and/or study protocol
- Assisting with the design of data collection procedures and construction of research databases
- Conducting and interpreting statistical analyses of research data
- Reporting research results, including development of abstracts, presentations for professional meetings, and manuscripts submitted to professional journals
For more information on the Cores, contact the LCRC Administration Office at 504-210-1591.