2020 Louisiana Cancer Research Consortium Scientific Retreat
Guidelines and Deadlines
January 17, 2020 – Registration opens
January 31, 2020 – DEADLINE to submit abstracts
February 10, 2020 – DEADLINE to submit Core posters ONLY for inclusion in abstract booklet
February 20, 2020 – Notifications will be sent to all poster/podium presenters
February 21, 2020 – DEADLINE to register
March 6, 2020 – DEADLINE for podium presenters to submit slides
March 12, 2020 – Poster setup in Xavier Ballroom (Afternoon)
March 13, 2020 – 2020 LCRC Scientific Retreat
Scientific awards will be selected based on abstract review. Those who submit abstracts will be notified if they will be presenting a PowerPoint presentation during the program.
When submitting an abstract, identify the Field of Research from one of the following five categories:
Clinical and Translational Research
- Abstracts should be one half page in length. Summarize specific aims, research methodology, and result status.
- Abstracts should include: Presenter’s Name, PI, University Affiliation, LCRC Scientific Program Assignment, and the names of any collaborators.
- Submit abstract entries in Microsoft Word format, .75″ margins, Times New Roman or Calibri, Font Size 11.
- Abstract files should be named as follows: presentersname_school_retreatyear (e.g. marysmith_Tulane_2020)
Please submit your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business on Friday, January 31, 2020. Only one entry per presenter will be accepted.
(Important Note: Submitting an abstract does not register you for the retreat! Make sure to also register before February 21, 2020.)
Poster Presentation Guidelines
At this time we do not expect to limit the number of poster presentations.
- Posters should be 36” x 45” portrait layout, on photographic poster paper, and in a semi-gloss or matte finish. Do not print your poster in landscape orientation
- Alternate sizes and layouts are NOT COMPATIBLE with the display boards. Presenters who prepare posters that are incompatible with the formatting guidelines risk being pulled from the program
- CORE LEADERS: Please use the Core poster template provided for preparation of your posters and print at 100%.
- Poster Template: Poster_Template_LCRC_2020
- Poster set-up is scheduled in the third floor ballroom at Xavier University on the morning of the retreat from 7:00am-7:45am. We were unable to secure the room on Thursday, March 12. Please do not bring your posters the day before as there will be no place to secure them.
- Posters will be grouped by research program and arranged according to the last name of the primary researcher/abstract author. (Research Programs: Cancer Genetics, Immunology, Molecular Signaling, Population Sciences, and Clinical and Translational Research.)
- Presenters will be given a display location and Velcro to mount their posters when checking in on the afternoon of Thursday, March 12.
- Posters should remain displayed until the end of the retreat on Friday, March 13, and a representative should be available to discuss the poster at all scheduled viewing sessions. (Please see Retreat agenda at (AGENDA COMING SOON) for the times of the poster viewing sessions.)
- CORE LEADERS ONLY: Please use the Core poster template provided and submit posters in Power Point format to email@example.com with Core Retreat Poster 2020 in the subject line by close of business Friday February 10, 2020, in order to have your poster published in the 2020 Resource Guide Book.
Podium presenters for the 2020 Scientific Retreat will be selected by the Co-Directors. There will be one podium presentation from each partner institution.
- Please use the slide template provided to prepare your slides.
- A maximum of 20 slides is recommended for a 35 minute presentation, followed by five minutes for Q&A.
- Power Point files for the oral presentations should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with Retreat Presentation 2020 in the subject line by no later than close of business Monday, March 6, 2019.
- Presentations received after this date or brought to the retreat by presenters cannot be assured compatibility or guaranteed a seamless presentation.