2019 Louisiana Cancer Research Consortium Scientific Retreat
Guidelines and Deadlines
March 15, 2019 – Registration opens
April 12, 2019 – DEADLINE to submit abstracts
April 30, 2019 – Notifications will be sent to all poster/podium presenters
May 3, 2019 – DEADLINE to register
May 3, 2019 – DEADLINE to submit Core posters ONLY for inclusion in abstract booklet
May 6, 2019 – DEADLINE for podium presenters to submit slides
May 16, 2019 – Poster setup in Xavier Ballroom (Afternoon)
May 17, 2019 – 2019 LCRC Scientific Retreat
Scientific awards will be selected based on abstract review. Those who submit abstracts will be notified if they will be presenting a PowerPoint presentation during the program.
When submitting an abstract, identify the Field of Research from one of the following five categories:
Clinical and Translational Research
- Abstracts should be one half page in length. Summarize specific aims, research methodology, and result status.
- Abstracts should include: Presenter’s Name, PI, University Affiliation, LCRC Scientific Program Assignment, and the names of any collaborators.
- Submit abstract entries in Microsoft Word format, .75″ margins, Times New Roman or Calibri, Font Size 11.
- Abstract files should be named as follows: presentersname_school_retreatyear (e.g. marysmith_Tulane_2019)
Please submit your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business on Friday, April 12, 2019. Only one entry per presenter will be accepted.
(Important Note: Submitting an abstract does not register you for the retreat! Make sure to also register before May 3, 2019.)
Poster Presentation Guidelines
At this time we do not expect to limit the number of poster presentations.
- Posters should be 36” x 45” portrait layout, on photographic poster paper, and in a semi-gloss or matte finish. Do not print your poster in landscape orientation
- Alternate sizes and layouts are NOT COMPATIBLE with the display boards. Presenters who prepare posters that are incompatible with the formatting guidelines risk being pulled from the program
- CORE LEADERS: Please use the Core poster template provided for preparation of your posters and print at 100%.
- Poster Template: Poster_Template_LCRC_2019
- Poster set-up is scheduled in the third floor ballroom at Xavier University from 3:00pm-5:00pm on Thursday, May 16, 2019.
- Posters will be grouped by research program and arranged according to the last name of the primary researcher/abstract author. (Research Programs: Cancer Genetics, Immunology, Molecular Signaling, Population Sciences, and Clinical and Translational Research.)
- Presenters will be given a display location and Velcro to mount their posters when checking in on the afternoon of Thursday, May 16.
- Posters should remain displayed until the end of the retreat on Friday, May 17, and a representative should be available to discuss the poster at all scheduled viewing sessions. (Please see Retreat agenda at http://www.louisianacancercenter.org/news-events/agenda/ for the times of the poster viewing sessions.)
- CORE LEADERS ONLY: Please use the Core poster template provided and submit posters in Power Point format to email@example.com with Core Retreat Poster 2019 in the subject line by close of business Friday May 3, 2019, in order to have your poster published in the 2019 Resource Guide Book.
Podium presenters for the 2019 Scientific Retreat will be selected by the Co-Directors. There will be one podium presentation from each partner institution.
- Please use the slide template provided to prepare your slides.
- A maximum of 20 slides is recommended for a 35 minute presentation, followed by five minutes for Q&A.
- Power Point files for the oral presentations should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with Retreat Presentation 2019 in the subject line by no later than close of business Monday, May 6, 2019.
- Presentations received after this date or brought to the retreat by presenters cannot be assured compatibility or guaranteed a seamless presentation.